Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jingle All the Way 8k 2012

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays.  For those of you who don't know, my name is Holly.  My birthday falls exactly 11 days after Christmas.  I start secretly watching Christmas specials about a week before Thanksgiving (shhh don't tell my husband) and have been known to start listening to Christmas music the week after Halloween (my other favorite holiday.)  So basically, if there's a mash up between running and my favorite holiday...I'm totally in!  Enter:  The Jingle All the Way 8k put on by Pacers Running every year.  

The race is usually the first or second Sunday in December.  Typically people wear costumes for the race that are naturally Christmas themed. (Unfortunately, the weather that year was not so Christmasy because it was drizzling and cold.) When I ran the race for the first time, my Dad and I started out wearing headbands but basically only for pictures.  (We were a little nervous about losing them so we handed them off to my Mom before we went to the corral.)  But I at least had some knee socks that were very Christmasy.  The  most memorable costumes were the group ones--there was one group of Santa and his reindeer where the reindeer were all linked together with rope.  Another was the nativity, where a couple was dressed as Mary and Joseph and pushed a baby in a stroller, and had friends as the three wisemen, two angels and the Christmas star.  

This same race had the most memorable runners that my Dad and I still like to talk about:  The juggler and the tuba player.  Yes.  There was somebody juggling and running 5 miles at the same time.  (He was also dressed like Santa!)  And another person playing the tuba while running--he started with Christmas carols, and at one point he definitely played the Imperial March from Star Wars.  And both of these people beat us.  Not our proudest moment to be honest, but at least we finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment