Sunday, September 7, 2014

First post!

Hi everyone!  So every blog has to have a concept--this one is going to focus on my two favorite things:  Thrift shopping and Running!  
<
But first, a little bit about me.

Quick overview of my past:  I grew up in Alexandria, VA, went to school at a small college in central Virginia, moved back home, met my husband and moved to Blacksburg, VA (go Hokies!), got married and went back to school for a second bachelor's degree and a master's degree.  Last year we moved to a Baltimore suburb for my husband's job, and this past July we moved into our new home.  <Currently, I'm a "domestic goddess" who has had a lot of different jobs over the years.  (They ranged from the usual retail jobs, to interning on a whale watch boat, a stagehand at an outdoor amphitheater, and working at a gym.)  At the moment, I'm a fur-mommy to two cats, and married to my fabulous, physicist husband.   Other than that, I volunteer at a local aquarium that has basically been my dream job for as long as I can remember.  I'm hoping eventually to get a paying job there, but in the meantime I'm having fun indulging in my two biggest hobbies--thrift shopping and running!   Being back in "civilization" I'm able to find a LOT of great stuff while I go out thrifting.  Usually I aim for vintage Coach bags--they're gorgeous leather bags that are really built to last.  It's really fun to restore them too, which is another one of my hobbies.  I currently carry around a mid 70s to 80s Coach Stewardess bag that I am absolutely in love with.  It was nice when I first found it, but after restoring the bag it turned out beautifully.  That first restore got me hooked.  I plan on writing a post about it, and my other amazing finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment