Thursday, June 23, 2016

Thrifty Thursday!!!

Usually when I find clothing that I'm somewhat familiar with (like from Gap, Athleta, and The North Face) the inner tags have style numbers that sales associates use to ring up clothing that has lost its tag.  Later that number helps me research the clothing I find so I can see what kind of reviews it has, how much it was originally and how long ago the item was found in stores.  Here's an example from a shirt from Athleta that I found this week:
So it has an RN (which is basically an identifier with the FTC) and the style number directly underneath it.  I googled "Athleta 982711", clicked the images tab and immediately started going through all the pictures of the same shirt that come up.  Within a few minutes I was able to find the name of the shirt and how much it cost originally.  

Under Google images, this is the shirt that popped up in several different color variations!  Athleta Sweet Escape Tee:  Originally $49, paid $7.

That method isn't necessarily foolproof, since there were a couple items this week that I couldn't find any information about!!

This shirt will be perfect for at least running the MCM10k this year since it falls on the day before Halloween.  It has bats, cats, swirls and other spooky designs in the purple dots!  Empyre long sleeve tech shirt:  Originally around $40, paid $5

Lucky Brand Wool and Cashmere Dip Dye Drape Sweater:  Originally around $100 paid $7

The summer before I started college (the first time), I worked at Delia's in Tyson's Corner Mall in McLean, VA.  I was a little sad when that location closed and was lucky to get to go one last time before its doors were shuttered for good.  Then another location closer to my new home closed shortly after we moved to the area, but I'm still finding lots of new clothing with tags leading me to think they may have donated what they couldn't sell.  Delia's racerback tank top:  Originally $15.50, paid $5.

Anybody have any good thrift store finds this week?  Anybody racing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment