Sunday, October 25, 2015

Halloween Special Roundup Part 2.1: The Halloween that Almost Wasn't

I had a ton of fun doing this last year and since I'm resting up from the Marine Corps Marathon 10k again, I thought I would do it again!  (Race Recap to come soon, promise!)
Here are the specials I covered last year:
Witch's Night Out
Frankenweenie (1984)
Disney's Halloween Treat
Raggedy Ann and Andy in the Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile
Halloween is Grinch Night
The Worst Witch
Garfield's Halloween Adventure

Unfortunately a few of the movies have been removed from YouTube since the original posting, mostly due to copyright violations.  I've replaced some with trailers for the movies, but it's still worth a read for the nostalgia.

Ahh, the Halloween that Almost Wasn't (or How Dracula Saved the World, as it's known on VHS.)  So kitschy!  It definitely shows it's age, but the story itself is timeless (I know I say that a lot about the movies I have nostalgia for, but in a lot of the cases it's true!)  

The story starts with Dracula watching the news to hear a rumor that Halloween might be cancelled, and it turns out to have been started by Winnie the Witch.  The movie stars classic movie monsters:  Dracula (played by Judd Hirsch), a witch named Winnie, Igor, Wolf Man, a zombie named Zabaar, a mummy, and Frankenstein's monster.  They're all up in arms over the rumor because all the monsters need to work together to make Halloween happen.  While we see how the monsters react to the rumor along with two children and their parents watching the same newscast.  The kids are upset when they see on the news and track down the monsters.  They plead with Winnie to let Halloween happen by telling her how important the holiday is to them.

I've posted the movie below!  Please keep in mind that I do not own the rights to this movie, I am simply posting what I found on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment