Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My First Virtual 10k!

I've run a lot of races, but never a virtual race!  Essentially a virtual race is a distance race you run on your own time anywhere.  Sometimes races have a specific day you have to run it, this one has a specific window of 4 days. My race packet came yesterday and I am SO excited now!
It even came with a medal!!
I'm totally a sucker for race bling.  And nuun.  I'm planning on running this the first day along a trail that I love but don't visit enough.  I'm also planning on taking lots of pictures along the way.
I'm also going to be doing another virtual race in the fall that I'll incorporate with another actual race.  That one is the Beat the Blerch, based off a comic (and a book) from The Oatmeal.  They're having an actual race all over the country, but we couldn't make it to New Jersey for the race so the virtual race was a perfect alternative!  The race is definitely on my bucket list though, because it sounds amazing--you get chased by people in Blerch costumes and they have couches, nutella and cupcakes (along with "normal" fuel) at each of the aide stations.
What's on your race bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment