Tuesday, July 14, 2015

...And we're back!

Sorry for the silence for the last few days.  I got to go on vacation for the first time in two years--a big family vacation to the Outer Banks!  While there I got to run a race with most of my family that was there.  It was pretty good, but some of the logistics were overlooked.  Like closing streets for the race.  Understandably, they couldn't do it since it was mostly through a neighborhood in a fairly busy area.  But it would've been nice to have more than just a few arrow signs and to not have to worry about cars coming through the area.  (Some of the disgruntled residents stole some of the arrow signs pretty early on in the race, and runners had to keep an eye out for drivers who were fairly agitated.)  Despite all of that, it was totally worth it for the bling!  
A photo posted by The Thrifty Runner (@thethriftyrunner) on
 And I PR'd for my 5k time by 22 seconds!  (I finished in 32:52, my previous record being 33:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment