Friday, June 12, 2015

Nuunbassador!

So some of you may have noticed the little logos to the right.  I've already talked about Influenster (it's a kind of sample and review type group where you earn badges and get boxes of samples to test and review.)  However, this lovely blog has given me not only an outlet to talk about running and thrift shopping.  It's given me the chance to be an ambassador for nuun!  (Or a nuunbassador as they call it.)
So if you've gone into a running store (or a camping supply store) surely you've seen these little tubes near the registers or by the area with other fuels like gu and chews.
Basically each tube has tabs that fizz when added to water, and add flavor and electrolytes.  The directions say to add one to every 16.9 oz bottle of water.  Fairly often I'll toss 2 tablets into a full 32 oz nalgene bottle.  Fuel and hydration are totally personal preferences--I like very specific kinds of nuun, and you can try a variety of them at larger expos.  (For example in the DC area you can try almost all the flavors at the Marine Corps Marathon expo.)  Nuun is very different than gatorade because it doesn't have sugar but still tastes sweet and has a somewhat similar effect.  Sometimes during cold and flu season I like to take a tab of the lemon lime nuun and a tab of lemon lime airbourne and put both in a full 32 oz nalgene bottle.
Even before I became a nuunbassador, I loved the stuff (and still do.)  I currently have a couple boxes (which you can buy directly from nuun, Road Runner Sports, and local running and camping stores) of the cherry limeade and watermelon flavors.  But I have been known to get tubes of strawberry lemonade and lemon lime.
What's YOUR favorite flavor of nuun?  Are there any flavors that you'd like to see them make?

No comments:

Post a Comment