Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Special #4: Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile

So onto Halloween Special #4:  Raggedy Ann and Andy and the Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile!

I grew up watching a few Raggedy Ann and Andy specials:  the musical (which I rediscovered a few months ago and seriously questioned why I used to think it was so great) and the Great Santa Claus Caper.  This one was one of my favorites, although watching it now I still wonder:  "What on earth were these creators thinking?!"  Still a great cartoon for kids, and is definitely family friendly.


The story opens on a pumpkin lamenting the fact that it's Halloween and no little child has picked him for their very own.  Then Raggedy Ann and Andy notice a little boy (Ralph) next door whose Aunt Agatha won't let him go out trick or treating or even allow him to have a pumpkin for the holiday.  The dolls along with their dog, Arthur, set out to find a pumpkin for their neighbor.  Enter:  The Pumpkin that Couldn't Smile.  Ann and Andy set out to bring the two together, and convince Agatha to let him go trick or treating and have a pumpkin.  (She tries to make up for it "Tomorrow we'll go to the museum and look at the rocks!"  I took a geology class in college that I loved, but Agatha's enthusiasm even made me sarcastically think "yay....")  

To see what happens, watch the movie below!  As always, I do not own the rights to this movie.  I am simply posting what I am able to find on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment