Thursday, July 11, 2019

Thrifty Thursday for July

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  Mine was super chill--workout in the morning followed by a run so I could get my total mileage in for the day.  I usually go out thrift shopping on Thursdays, but since it was a holiday I chose to avoid the crowds instead.  

Sometimes going for a run in a skirt can be fun, and the shorts on these have silicone grip so they're less likely to creep up while I'm out. 
(ICYMI:  I have a tutorial on how to add it to compression shorts!) 
Lululemon Circuit Breaker Skirt:  Originally $68, paid $8

I really don't understand why Athleta discontinued this style of pants.  They came in full length, capri and even lined (with super soft jersey knit) for cooler months.  The capris have an elastic band on the bottom so I can pull them up on my calf and they don't move.  And as an added bonus, the fabric for the unlined versions is so lightweight I can even wear them when it's oppressively hot outside!
Athleta Viva La Vida Capri: Originally $79, paid $7

Water resistant hiking pants that are the perfect length and dry super fast?  Sold!
Athleta Dipper Pants:  Originally $89, paid $6

Trying to find good pants for travelling on planes in the summer is no easy task.  I have a long plane trip coming up and I don't like wearing shorts on planes since I get cold easily, but at the same time I want something lightweight so I don't overheat the second I step outside.  These seem like they could work very well, at the very least for the plane.  And as someone who's short, I'm very happy that there's elastic around the bottom so the hem doesn't drag on the ground.
UA Slim Air Woven Cargo Pants:  Originally $100, paid $7

I've found the tank top version of this exact short sleeved shirt in the past, so I was super excited to find this one.  This line of tops from Athleta has little dots of silicone in the bottom hem so they don't creep up.  It's not perfect, but the silicone definitely helps!  
(And this is another awesome line that Athleta discontinued.)  
Athleta Fast Track Short Sleeve:  Originally $49, paid $5

Any good races coming up?  Or how about any good thrifting finds?  Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment