Friday, June 7, 2019

Thrifty Thursday for June

I swear spring is way too short.  It feels like it lasts maybe 2 weeks--there's that short, glorious time when you can wear a light jacket or even just short sleeves, enjoy a beverage in the hammock outside comfortably then before you know it you're hating life because it's just too hot to do anything outside besides swim.  (Or maybe it's just a Baltimore/DC thing because the humidity is terrible for about 90% of the summer.  That sweet 10% is right after the rain evaporates after a thunderstorm.)  That being said, I'm still shopping for cool weather clothing because Fall will be here eventually and I miss it. 

I have mad respect for Crossfitters.  I love watching the Crossfit games qualifiers and then the finals in August.  (Last year they did a marathon row.  Yes, 26.2 miles of rowing.  It was fascinating to watch and had it on in the background.  The slowest time was around 4 hours.)  I came across this when I was thrifting and immediately had to get it.  It's my favorite color, lightweight and shows my respect for Crossfit.  
Crossfit Activechill Tank:  Originally $45, paid $6

I grew up in the 90s.  Therefore, Lisa Frank anything was a must (especially the stickers.)  I still love the bright, fun designs!  The Lisa Frank line put out by Rage On is definitely pricey, but when I found this while out thrifting I couldn't resist!
RageOn Lisa Frank Majesty Shirt:  Originally $40 (currently on sale for $29) paid $3.

I'm always on the lookout for fun printed leggings that I could potentially wear for a late October race (even though lately it's been so hot leggings are out of the question.)  But I can still wear them when I go to the gym! And since they're high waist you can fold the top over for a lower rise and to make it fit a little more snuggly around the hips.
Constantly Varied Gear Sugar Skull Leggings:  Originally $60, currently $49.99, paid $10

I found this pair right next to the sugar skull pair!  The only difference is that these have pockets, which lets face it--athletic gear can never have enough.
Constantly Varied Gear Mermaid Leggings:  Originally $65, currently $39.99, paid $10

I love wearing super bright colors when I workout and run.  This tank from Athleta is awesome because the back also has venting in the back which makes it versatile so I can wear it comfortably in the gym or outside if I dare to run when it's hot outside.  
Athleta Kettlebella Tank: Originally $49, paid $2.50

Found a great somewhat retro print cropped leggings from Victoria's Secret Sport.  These have held up very well and are only a couple of years old too!
Victoria's Secret Sport Crop Leggings:  Originally $54.50, paid $8

Anyone racing this weekend?  Have any good thrifting finds? Post a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment