Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thrifty Thursday for December!

I know I probably say something to this effect every month but:  Wow.  December already?!  It feels like the year has just flown by.  So many races and my schedule for next year is starting to round itself out nicely.  (I'll be updating my upcoming races in the bar up top soon.)  But for now, here are my thrifting finds for the month! 

Love a seamless, loud shirt for working out!  Nike's Epic line usually fits the bill.  As an added bonus it has a fitted hem at the bottom of the shirt that's meant to help keep the shirt down while running, doing burpees, etc.  I've already worn this for a workout and it does not because I had to keep pulling it down during the workout otherwise it would go all the way up to my high waist.  (Not a cute look!)  So how do you fix that?  Silicone caulk like I use in my shorts tutorial!  Super inexpensive and an easy fix.
Nike Dri Fit Epic Knit Crew:  Originally $70, paid $6

Sweaty Betty is a brand I've had on my radar for awhile.  It's an athletic wear company based in England that has a price point similar to Lululemon, if not slightly higher because it's technically an import.  I've started finding a few pieces here and there while out thrifting and at a thrift shop price point, it's totally worth trying out!

And I love the back of it too!  Slightly dramatic since it's open but not too crazy.
Sweaty Betty Open Back Workout Tee:  Originally $75, paid $6


I've been passively looking for these pants for awhile since I volunteer at the National Aquarium so naturally I do a lot of cleaning so water/cleaning products get everywhere.  Pants that dry fast are a must otherwise you will be uncomfortable until you're able to change pants.  This pair in particular I've been looking at but have had a hard time spending $85 on a pair of pants I would wear once a week every other week since I rotate between a couple pairs already.  But when these showed up on the racks and they fit like a dream I had to get them!  And now I know that there's a reason why they're Prana's best selling pants, because they're amazing.
Prana Halle Pants:  Originally $85, paid $6

So about Lularoe.  The company is a Multi-Level Marketing (or MLM) based sales model, meaning that they sell product to direct sellers and then they sell it to the public.  Lularoe is essentially imploding, and with that more of its products are showing up on the racks due to issues with the company's return policy.  Essentially consultants are not getting their money back, and many are opting to at least get a little bit of a refund by donating their inventory to thrift stores.  Despite also having quality issues, dresses like the Nicole and Amelia which have really high waistlines are super flattering on me.  I just can't always justify the high price point when the quality of the product is iffy.  But this one in a Snow White print is so cute AND fit perfect!
Lularoe Amelia:  Originally $65, paid $10

Ink n Burn is a company based out of California that is known for making small batches of different prints.  Once it's sold out, it's gone.  Everything is handmade and printed on wicking tech material with gorgeous details in the print itself.  A great example is this Christmas sweater print I found while out.  I saw the tech material and when I saw the Ink n Burn logo I got really excited.  I had bought a pair of shorts in the past, and the print was beautiful but the shirt is definitely on a different level because the little details makes it look like you're really wearing a Christmas sweater!
Ink n Burn Holiday Sweater Tech Shirt:  Originally $69.95, paid $6

So there are my thrifting finds for the month!  Have you found anything great while out thrift shopping?  Any winter races coming up?  Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment