Thursday, August 25, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Soooo yeah.  Last week it totally wasn't worth posting my thrifting finds because I found a shirt....and that was it.  (It was tax free week and with schools starting over the next couple weeks everything was pretty picked over.)  This week though was a TOTALLY different story.

First up...


Sweet Jean Boot cut Lucky Brand Jeans.  I really like this brand--so comfy and so many different cuts and lengths that you're bound to find one that works for you.  And the kicker is that I have NEVER paid retail for any of the half dozen pairs I own.  This pair of jeans in particular retailed originally for $99.  I paid $3 for this pair in awesome shape and fit like a dream.  With thrift stores being completely overloaded with jeans, there is basically no reason to ever pay retail prices for jeans.  Ever.  You have just about every jean designer at your fingertips in a thrift store for a fraction of the cost.  If they don't fit right, just move on and be patient in your search.  Like Alton Brown says, "Your patience will be rewarded."


Next up is a pair of Columbia Viva Bonita boardshorts.  My husband owes me a day trip to the beach, so even though we're almost done with summer (hopefully) these will still get some use.  Originally $40, paid $3.

This week I actually have TWO grand finales!


Patagonia's great brand known for its durability and its sustainability efforts.  This R1 full zip fleece jacket is still in production (but in different colors.)  Originally $159, paid $7.

 


I've found a Marc Jacobs wristlet before, but this kind of blows it out of the water in terms of awesomeness.  This is a Pretty Etta Nylon Print Tote in Jungle Green by Marc Jacobs.  Originally $198, paid $10.  It's in fantastic condition except for a minor pull in the fabric at the base of one of the handles, but otherwise it is awesome.

Has anybody found anything great in thrift stores this week?  Anybody racing this weekend??  I've got one last long run before running the Charles Street 12 over Labor Day weekend.  Can you believe the unofficial end of summer is almost here?  I can't wait for some fall PRs after training in this heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment