Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Perfect timing since I just ran the Frederick Half Marathon this past Sunday (race review coming soon!)  Saucony Milestone Tee:  Originally $35, paid $5

I love these Athleta Hana 2-in-1 shorts.  Why?  Because of the leg grips at the bottom of the more form fitting pair underneath the top!  (I only wish they came in more colors, because I have a feeling I will be wearing these a LOT once summer arrives.)  Originally $56, paid $6

Lucy Long Distance Singlets:  Originally $49, paid $9 for each top!

One of my tips for when you have a big trip coming up:  Find your souvenir shirts BEFORE you leave!!  I found a great Oahu sweatshirt before my husband and I went to Hawaii last year for a fraction of what it would've cost on the island.  I've been to Disney World a few times (including my Honeymoon) and I'm hoping to go back again soon and this shirt will be perfect.  Originally $30, paid $3

Athleta Pavitra Tank Top:  Originally $49, paid $3!

One other great thing to find at thrift stores?  Flower pots!  Check out this cute set I found...
All four of these pots together were $6.
I usually grow plants from seed then transfer them into little pots before transplanting them outside.  A lot of gardeners recommend letting plants get acclimated before they have to be outside permanently.  Baby plants are extremely fragile and can benefit from starting outside in the shade for a little while, then indirect sun before being planted outside for the season.  (It also buys you some time for the final frost to pass, which in theory should have happened by now.)  I also like having my tomatoes in containers permanently.

Any good thrifting finds this week?  Anybody racing this weekend?  I've got this weekend off from races, but next weekend I'll be running the St Micheal's Running Festival Half Marathon!  Registration is closing soon, but if you use the code AMBFRENCHH16 you can get $10 off registration fees!

No comments:

Post a Comment