Friday, April 1, 2016

Thrifty Thursday & MEB!

Sorry this week's post is a day late!  Yesterday was kinda crazy but for a good reason!!

My Dad works on Capitol Hill, and on Thursday they had their own mini packet pickup for the Congressional teams.  There were a couple tables with some SWEET swag--a towel, a light band for your arm, a strobe light, lip balm, a workout towel and a water bottle.

And Meb was there doing meet n greets a day early!  My dad asked him what his expected pace was, and he said 6:00 miles!!  (That's about half what ours is going to be...)  And I asked him what other races are on his bucket list since he mentioned the Cherry Blossom was on it in an interview.  He said he wants to do the Marine Corps Marathon and the Boilermaker 15k.

Naturally being in DC and having a little bit of free time, afterwards I walked around before coming home and then after dinner I met up with my friend, Gracious Warrior Princess for a MRTT Glow Run!

A photo posted by Gracious warrior princess (@anna_louise_kallas) on

Now, onto my thrifting finds for the week!!

Lululemon Power Dance Tank
So pretty and comfortable!  Originally $58, paid $8!

Asics Running Vest
I got this in mind for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler on Sunday.  (It's supposed to be cool but windy, so it'll help block some of the wind.)  Originally approximately $68, paid $8!

Brooks 2009 Marine Corps Marathon Tank Top
I've run the MCM 10k 3 years in a row now, and one of my slight pet peeves is there is NEVER any merch for the 10k.  It even has a small zippered pocket in the lower left of the tank top which can be great for keys, lip balm or tissues.  Originally approximately $45, paid $8!

1970s Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom "Gift Tray"
Originally $2.25 (in 1970, approximately $10-14 in 2016), paid $7

2 Quart Teardrop Pyrex Batter Bowl

Super convenient for somebody accident prone like myself because there's a handle to grip while pouring out batter!  Similar bowls are about $30-40, paid $5!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Love your finds and your picture with Meb! I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm a little disappointed that I missed out on both of Meb's talks. (When I was at the expo yesterday his talk was while I was working packet pickup!) I guess it's kinda worth it though since I get to bypass the lottery for next year's race!

      Delete
  2. Fun! So neat you had early pickup AND Meb was there! Such a nice guy. Jennifer @ Run Jenny Run

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wasn't able to get my packet at that point, but I still got it early since I volunteered at the official packet pickup at the expo! I kept hoping I would get to see him run on Sunday but I kept missing him.

      Delete