Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thrifty Thursday for November

 Sometimes I like to do a post with a theme.  This one is leggings!  I had SO many good leggings finds this month for brands that I've never tried before, and wanted a way to try them out without dropping $70+ on them.  I'll be honest, most of these brands I never thought I'd find in a thrift store since they're not super well known, but at a similar price point to Lululemon.  So here are some of the leggings I've found while out thrifting recently.


These first two are some of my favorites!  On the left we have a pair of older leggings by Oiselle called Go Joggings.  They're super simple with a small pocket on the back of the left hip that's perfect for a lip balm or small set of keys.  That's it.  On the right there is a pair of Fast and Free leggings by Lululemon.  These have a LOT of pockets--five around the back and coming up by the hips, and one on each leg.  And they're made with Nulux so they feel really lightweight.
Oiselle Go Joggings:  Originally $84, paid $4.70
Lululemon Fast and Free 7/8 Leggings:  Originally $128, paid $8

Free People has been making athletic wear for a few years now, but they've more recently started marketing their products to fitness instructors and social media influencers.  I've been curious about these, but with a price point similar to Lululemon, I wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to try them. (Especially having to deal with returns if they didn't work out.)  But at a thrift store price point?  Sure!  I'm curious to see how these work out.  The floral print is what caught my eye, and pockets on the sides of the legs made it even more tempting.
Free People Eden Movement Leggings:  Originally $98, paid $7

Outdoor Voices is fairly well known amongst Peloton members (they sold apparel with a Peloton logo when it was difficult for Peloton to keep up with demand for branded apparel) and this was the first time I  had seen a pair of leggings in person.  The price point is a little lower than Lululemon, but still somewhat difficult to justify the cost when I'm not sure how they'll work out.  But these leggings feel pretty solid (albeit a little snug.)
Outdoor Voices Springs 7/8 Leggings:  Originally $78, paid $8

I've found some CW-X leggings in the past, and they are usually a little iffy by the time I  get my hands on them.  Since generally the compression portions are pieces of fabric fused and stitched on and the logo is basically an iron-on there are little bits of thread sticking out all over, and the logo is peeling.  (Although to me, the peeling logo isn't a dealbreaker.) I got a good look at these and they're VERY different. These are seamless so all the pieces of fabric that contribute to the compression areas are literally sewn into the fabric so there's no way for it to fray, and since the logo is also sewn in it's not going to peel off.  I  figured they would be worth a shot and I was shocked when I saw the original price.
CW-X Stabilyx Revolution Tights:  Originally $200, paid $4


Have you found anything good while thrifting this month?  Start the conversation in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment