Thursday, May 7, 2020

Thrifty Thursday for May

I miss thrift shopping.  I've had dreams about going out thrifting again, but for now reminiscing on old finds will have to do.

Since I've found these I've worn them and they are awesome!  Just the right amount of compression and they're also lightweight.
Sweaty Betty x Modelfit Zero Gravity Capris:  Originally $135, paid $5

I'm super thankful I stocked up on warm, cozy clothing before quarantining.  It's been very cold so far for May (only a couple days have hit the 70s, and it's not forecasted to get very warm for the next week.)
Calia Effortless Cozy Cardigan:  Originally $50, paid $7

This jacket is so cute but made of fabric that's still a little too lightweight for right now.  It also feels a little weird getting windbreaker-type jackets when I'm not going outside much these days.
Athleta Wailea Bomber Jacket:  Originally $108, paid $10

This pullover is so comfortable!  Still fairly lightweight, but fleecy on the inside.  It's great to keep me warm before a workout and immediately afterwards.
Lululemon Kanto Catch Me 1/2 Zip:  Originally $98, paid $5

This is another find that I couldn't believe when I got my hands on it.  Once I saw it was in my size I  didn't let go and once I tried it on I knew I couldn't let this one get away, even if it's hand wash only.  

When I was looking through the sweaters this is what I saw first--this distinctive plaid pattern that is Burberry's signature.  I love that the sweater is not necessarily in your face about being designer, but if you recognize that plaid, you'll know it's Burberry.  I did a lot of research into how much this sweater cost originally and couldn't find any definite answers.  I found it as low as $200 (not super likely for merino wool made in Italy) and as high as $490 (more likely since a plain black merino wool sweater is $460. Any sort of decoration or designs in a sweater's knit will only increase the price.)
Burberry Snap Sweater with Nova Check:  Originally $490?  Paid $20

This is the part where I  usually ask about thrifting finds, but nobody's thrifting these days.  So what do you miss most while in quarantine and having everything shut down?  Leave a comment below to start the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment