Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Jingle VoxBox

So as you've probably noticed from the lineup of badges on the right, I'm involved with a company called Influenster.  Essentially they send out boxes of various products that they think you would like in exchange for doing various tasks like visiting a company's facebook page, taking pictures of the product and posting it to instagram, creating pinterest boards and writing reviews for certain products.  My most recent box was the Jingle VoxBox.  I received all of these products for free, but the opinions are completely my own!


There was SO much good stuff in this little box.  Going clockwise, I got:  A coupon for free tater tots, Cetaphil moisturizing cream, a Spiderman IttyBitty, Biscoff Cookies (YUM!), NYC City Proof Eye Liner, KISS Last Adhesive, and KISS True Volume lashes and Pure Ice nail polish in Home Run.
Interested in trying Influenster?  Click here to join and start reviewing products to get to your first sample box!!



With the tater tots they wanted us to make "totchos" and share the recipe.  I went super simple with this and cooked them according to the package instructions and just sprinkled some Old Bay on them and they were fantastic!!  (But then again as somebody who was born and raised in the mid-Atlantic, Old Bay is good on pretty much anything.)  They were super quick to cook--just 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.  They weren't very greasy at all and were nicely browned and crispy.  For more totchos recipes check out the Kraft Recipes Totchos Hub!


Cetaphil is one of those brands that is well known for those with sensitive skin.  It's super gentle, non fragranced, and pretty much anyone with skin problems can use it.  (I've had dermatologists recommend using it along with whatever latest skin creme they've prescribed.)  This time of year the skin on the back of my hands is super dry.  (Shoveling three days in a row for almost 3 hours in total did NOT help!)  Here are before and after pictures of the lotion's effects after just ONE use.
(lotion before and after picture)
This cream I sampled in particular is meant for those prone to eczema or just very dry skin.  The lotion is not at all greasy and my dry knuckles absorbed it very quickly.  Definitely a winner. 


IttyBittys are basically Hallmark's line small stuffed animals.  There are all kinds--Scooby Doo, Disney, Marvel Comics, Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, Star Wars, and (my personal favorite) Rainbow Brite just to name a few.


If you enjoy cookies, you have to try these.  Seriously.  If you like Trader Joe's legendary Cookie Butter, you will LOVE these cookies.  They are very simply flavored (brown sugar and cinnamon) but sometimes simplicity is perfection.  One time my husband and I got them on a plane instead of pretzels and I was in heaven.  I ate my packet on the plane, then my husband's for a snack later since he's allergic to one of the ingredients.  It was such a simple way to make the plane ride a little more enjoyable.  


I'm not very big on makeup.  I only really wear it for special occasions like job interviews and weddings.  So needless to say, I'm still pretty much a novice when it comes to eyeliner.  (I'm good with foundation and concealer though!)  But this eyeliner--seriously, wow.  It was perfect for a beginner like me since I could quickly smudge away any stray marks to make the eyeliner look flawless.  I was able to put it on quickly and it cleaned off easily too!


Okay.  So remember that thing I said about being a novice when it comes to makeup?  Yeah.  The false lashes didn't work out quite so well.  (Possibly because I only had the patience to put ONE lash on because of how ridiculous I thought it looked.)  What I did was I dotted the adhesive along the lash then used the tip to spread it around so there was just enough adhesive.  Then I just tried to lay it on top of my eyelashes.  Part of my problem with false lashes is I just don't like the look of excess eyelashes, and I'm happy with the length of my own lashes.  (I get compliments fairly often on how long they are!)  If I'm putting on makeup, I'm fine with just putting on some mascara and moving on.


So the top of the picture is me without any eye makeup on.  The lower left corner is with the NYC City Proof Eyeliner, the lower right corner is with the false lash on just my right eye.  (A tip to getting off all that gunk:  Slather on eye makeup remover with a q-tip, then a cotton round to wipe it off!)

I may not be a fan of makeup, but I'm a sucker for a good nail polish.  This one from Pure Ice is fairly inexpensive, and the color (home run) is a lovely minty green.  I found that two coats was enough for my taste, but could probably use a third coat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment