Thursday, August 3, 2017

Thrifty Thursday for August!

This month's edition of Thrifty Thursday might as well be called "The Organization Edition" since I totally lucked out!  Organizational products like plastic drawers and shelves for under the sink can get really expensive, really quick.  However if you're patient enough, you'll luck out and find exactly what you want/need to help keep everything organized!

Like a lot of people, I have all kinds of bottles cluttering underneath my sink.  This little shelf is amazing.  It's basically a drawer that's tall enough for bottles and then you can keep more bottles on top.  I wasn't able to find the exact item, but I found something pretty close that was $24.99 at the Container Store.  I paid $3. 

My office is undergoing some reorganization.  (The fun kind.)  We're purging a lot and reorganizing what we have so it's easier to find.  I found these little drawers and jumped on them since they're the perfect size for pens, highlighters and boxes of staples and paper clips. 
Sterilite 5-drawer mini organizer:  Originally $8.77, paid $2.

ORGANIZE ALL THE THINGS!!!  
This one was perfect for pads of paper and some of the random large envelopes we have.  
Sterilite 3-drawer Organizer:  Originally $24.99, paid $4.

Being the crazy cat lady that I am, I got really excited when I saw this big, white plastic thing.  I had looked at it online recently and knew what it was right away.  It's a cat toy!!!  It's basically a way to encourage cats to work to get treats.  And I totally looked like a crazy cat lady when I tried to explain what it is to the cashier.  It took a little bit of motivation for the fish bowls on the far right, but I hardly had to train him how to use any parts of this since he uses his paws a lot.  (He's a lefty!)
Trixie 5 in 1 Activity Center:  Originally $24.99, paid $3

In the late 90s/early 2000s, Disney made a lot of sequels to movies that didn't really need them and let's be honest...they were generally terrible.  Case in point:  The Little Mermaid 2, Return of Jafar, 101 Dalmatians 2, Pocahontas 2, Atlantis 2, etc.  The only ones that I found worth watching and owning were the Lion King sequels (2 and 1.5 which focused on Timon and Pumbaa's backstories) and Lilo and Stitch 2.  Okay.  And this one.  Beauty and the Beast:  The Enchanted Christmas.  It's so gloriously cheesy that I absolutely love it.  For 99 cents, I could not pass this up!!!  Tim Curry plays the villain of this movie who was the castle's composer named Forte who was turned into a pipe organ and is trying to ruin the Christmas celebration that Belle is organizing.  (And Paul Reubens plays a character that is tricked by Forte into doing some bad things with the promise of getting a solo in Forte's next composition.)  
Originally $22.99, paid 99 cents

I know it doesn't look like it, but I'm super picky about running clothes that I get when I go out thrifting.  If it's a long sleeved top, it must have thumbholes and a pocket.  Doesn't sound like much, but you would be surprised!  I came across this and jumped on it, especially since it has a turtleneck and venting at the mouth.  
UA Qualifier Turtle Neck:  Originally $64.00, paid $7.
Like I said.  Picky.  I found these Athleta pants in my exact size (which is hard since I usually wear one of their specialty sizes thanks to the shorter inseam.)  And once I found out they were from my favorite line of pants (Bettona) I was super excited.  Stretchy, almost sweatpant like pants that I can wear to work and still look a little dressy?  YES, PLEASE!!
Athleta Bettona Classic Pants:  Originally $79, paid $5.

Anybody have any good finds while thrift shopping recently?  Or training for fall races?  (I'm SO ready for the cooler weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment