Thursday, October 6, 2016

Thrifty Thursday for October (and Ugg Authentication!)

So you may have noticed that I haven't posted any thrift store finds posts in awhile.  I've decided to consolidate my weekly posts into one monthly post on the first Thursday of every month.  So here are some of the items I found in September!

I had never tried anything from Fabletics before since I've heard some horror stories about the subscription athletic wear service.  However when I tried these on and they were brand new with the tags?  I had to buy them.  
Fabletics Labaree Jogger Pants:  Originally $59.95 ($39.95 for members), paid $11.00!

Love this shirt since it's a gorgeous purple.  But the back is basically what sold me.

Love the drama and ventilation of the lacy back!  Athleta Wick It Good Long Sleeve Shirt:  Originally $49.00, paid $6.00

Love the pink and lightweight feel of this sweatshirt.  Probably won't wear it to workout since it has cotton, but it'll be great for a chilly morning to and from the gym or running errands!  Athleta Heavenly Hail Hoodie: Originally $89.00, paid $7.00

With the cooler weather arriving before we know it, I was SUPER excited about this lucky find.  
With just a little bit of cleaning they should be looking even better in no time.  
Uggs Bailey Button Boots:  Originally $170, paid $13.
So, how did I know with 100% certainty before walking up to the register that these were real?

1.  The holographic tag in the side seam of the left boot.  These were added because of all the counterfeits on the market.  
Check.
For added assurance, I also looked up the model number on the printed tag underneath the hologram tag and the exact style of boots popped right up on multiple reliable sources.  (It showed up on the Ugg website along with multiple department store websites as well.)

2.  The button.  Was it wood?  Yup.

 But was it solid wood?
Yup!  I've come across fakes of this exact shoe a few times.  Many of them were just cheap plastic pieces that were glued on top of a blank button.  

This is something to look for in purses too.  Many fakes will come into the country blank without any logos and the fake logos will be added on once they've reached their destination.  I have personally seen this with Michael Kors bags all the time.  It's literally a logo they just screw onto the base.  
Case in point...
No Michael Kors logo should be able to have that kind of a gap when you press on one side of it.  Ever.
...Moving on!

3.  Does the color of the background of the tag on the back of the shoe match the rest of the shoe?
Yup!!

4.  Last but not least.  The soles--this is how they SHOULD look.  The Ugg logo dead center with the sun logo around it and up by the toes.  The sole is also somewhat heavy duty, but still flexible.

Check.

 After going through all of that, I was more than happy to take these to the cashier.  If you're on the hunt for legit Ugg brand boots while you're shopping, definitely bookmark the Ugg Counterfeit webpage on your phone.  It can definitely be helpful!  Not everything will apply (like the bags and the boxes) but there are little non-invasive tests you can do in store to be sure you end up with the real deal.

Now that fall racing season is in full swing, anybody racing this weekend?  I've started tapering for the Baltimore half and I cannot wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are too funny. I love it that you are so "in the know" about these things. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found all these items at a thrift store? Great finds. I never find Athleta clothes on sale. And those Uggs......score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think in order to find stuff like that you need to be near the stores that sell them. I used to go thrift shopping when we lived in the middle of nowhere (nowhere close to a Lululemon, Athleta, or stores that sold Uggs) and there is basically no chance of finding high quality items like those. However if you're looking for old VHS movies or 5.25'' disks those were fairly easy to come by!

      Delete