Thursday, January 4, 2018

Thrifty Thursday for January!

Happy New Year!  Woo!  New year, new finds!  

 When going through the racks of leggings at thrift stores, I usually go for the ones that stand out with an unusual color or pattern.  These stood out because of the color, then they were super soft.  I looked at the label and saw they were my size and from Aerie, the lingerie company by American Eagle.  I generally try to stay away from fast fashion brands like Old Navy and American Eagle, but these were just so soft and would make perfect pajama pants! 
Aerie Real Soft Jogger PJ Pants:  Originally $40, paid $3!

Sometimes I like to wear running skirts, and when I came across these I liked all the cute pleats on the back.  Oddly despite the name, they're actually made for tennis because there's a pocket to put a ball on the shorts underneath.  But that's also the nice thing about that hidden upside down pocket--I'm the only one who will know it's there! 
Lululemon Pacesetter Skirt:  Originally $58, paid $6 for each

 Last month I found the capris.  This month I found the tights version of Athleta's Relay Capris, the Relay Tights!  (Also pretty awesome I must say!) 
Athleta Relay Tights:  Originally $79, paid $6.

This actually ended up being a Christmas present for my Mom.  Typically she doesn't like to wear wool, but this scarf from Icebreaker was so soft that there was no way she wouldn't like it.  And I was right!  She put it on almost immediately and was shocked when I told her it was made of wool.  
Icebreaker Boreal Scarf:  Originally $60, paid $5.

I saw this and jumped on it, especially once I saw the price.  I've been wearing it through this cold snap here in the mid-Atlantic and it's been great. 
So warm and comfy!
The North Face Denali Jacket:  Originally $179, paid $13

One of the things I've been passively looking for is a good pair of tall boots that would fit my big runner's calves.  And I completely lucked out.  I've had Frye on my radar for awhile now and they're known for the quality of leather and durability of their shoes (which means $$$$.)  When I found these in my size I was in absolute shock.  Then when I saw the price, I hugged them and didn't let go until I got to the register.  Now I try to find any excuse I can to wear them.
Frye Veronica Slouch:  Originally $368, paid $11

Any new races coming up?  How are you surviving the intense cold?  Any great thrifting finds lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment